About the Student Anglers Organization
MISSION STATEMENT: The Student Angler Organization is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to increasing fishing opportunities and environmental awareness for students, youth, and schools through competition, scholarships, education, and mentoring opportunities, creating an outdoor passion for life for the students and families.
Virtual Fishing League Dates
REGISTRATION for the events will open on Thursday March 31st at 9am.
Virtual Fishing League events are designed to be fun with a twist of competition. You want to save gas this season? Join us and fish your local lakes while competing for trophies and gift cards at each event. You can even create your own tournament within a tournament and compete against other local towns, clubs, or family members!
- Virtual events (you pick the lake)
- Ages 5 to graduated senior in high school
- Catch-Record-Release format
- Reel Live Well App (available on iPhone & Google Play Store)
- Fish from a boat, kayak canoe or even shore
- Team consists of two anglers (2 students or 1 student with 1 adult)
- Random draw for Scheels gift cards at every event
- “Fall Fling” qualifier event with scholarship give away
In 2021 the Student Angler Organization gave out over $25,000 in Scheels gift cards, in random drawings, throughout the season and $10,000 in scholarships at the Fall Fling.
Sunday June 5th
Registration closes the Thursday night before the event at midnight (This is subject to change). This is the same Thursday the virtual rules meeting will be held starting at 7pm. Participants can launch from any publicly accessible lake or river, and start fishing at 7am. Morning prayer, and the National Anthem will start at 6:45am on Zoom and Facebook. The time for the Virtual awards will be announced the day of the event through a group text. You must have an approved ruler, the Reel Livewell and Timestamp apps downloaded on your phone.
Sunday June 19th
Below are the rules, and forms for 2022, the SAO has the right to change these rules and forms at their convenience. If you have any questions please contact the SAO Administration at email@example.com
- Virtual Rules
- Student Angler Release of liability Form
- Boat Captain Release of Liability Form
- Information FAQs