Come to Work at Frankie's
Parts & Service Specialist – Marine Department
Chisago City, MN – Full time – hours vary – hourly
Frankie’s Marine is a fast growing, family-owned business located in Chisago City, MN. We are the largest Ranger Boat dealer in the Upper Midwest. Our business includes a Bait & Tackle store, Boat/ATV showroom, parts, and a 10-stall service center providing boat & engine repair.
As a leading marine retailer, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider for our team members and customers, and we are committed serving our community. The Service Advisor is responsible for assisting all aspects of the Service Department. Position will also assist customers requiring service or warranty repairs for their boat, motor, trailer or ATV/UTV and at times assist with the sale of parts and accessories.
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive experience for all customers.
- Greet customer, listen to concerns, obtain customer & boat/motor information.
- Write work orders, schedule work to be completed. Monitor progress of work by service technicians & order parts.
- Working with boat and engine manufactures to facilitate technicians in resolving warranty repairs and to obtain authorizations.
- Handle telephone inquiries for service appointments and parts questions.
- Secure agreement from customer before repairs; cover cost estimate & review approximate timeline for when work will be completed. Maintain contact with customer throughout their service needs.
- Escort customers to boat after service has been completed, review work performed, review charges and answer any questions.
- Stock incoming inventory in the correct location.
- Accurately price parts & accessories using the proper pricing source.
- Handle minor customer complaints and misunderstandings.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and managers
- Keeps work area clean.
- Follows all Company Policies and Procedures.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
- Mechanical knowledge preferred.
- Previous experience preferred with marine electronics, outboard motors, Ranger Boats & Tracker Off Road products.
Knowledge, skills & ability:
- Ability to complete simple math calculations.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner with customers, vendors, and fellow associates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Ability to perform various functions within data entry system.
- Constantly stand and/or walk during shift.
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, etc.
- Effectively communicate with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds, may occasionally move and lift objects up to 100 pounds or more.
- Occasionally work in noisy environments.
Apply to Work at Frankies
Complete the form below to let Frankie know you are interested in a job.